Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My God Will Supply All Your Needs

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, "What will we eat?", "What will we drink?" or, "With what will we be clothed?" For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don't be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day's own evil is sufficient." (Matthew 6:31-34)

This is a promise from Jesus that if we seek God's kingdom, of which Jesus Christ is the head, He will supply our physical needs. Seeking first His kingdom, however, does not merely mean "asking God for something we think we need." It means that following His commandments will be the single top priority in your life. As Paul said, it involves making Him preeminent in all things.

David wrote of God's taking care of His children when he wrote in the Psalms: "I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his children begging for bread."(Psalm 37:25)

I've seen the same thing today. I can't even count the number of times I've heard about families struggling with impossible financial situations, but when they decided to put God first and give to Him anyway, and trust Him as the SOURCE, things somehow worked out.

I have heard first hand amazing stories of missionaries and their adventures with finances and basic needs such as food. As they continue to seek His kingdom first, He always comes through with what they need. I pray He will do tha tfor you, too. Stand on the scriptural truth of Philippians 4:19: "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus!"

No comments: